Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Healthy Hair: Braid-Out Style







I massaged my scalp a little with the coconut oil before getting into the shower. I rinsed my hair and got back out. I applied the my conditioner mixture (more about that in another post) from root to ends. I massaged it into my hair as if it was shampoo but was trying to avoid tangles. Then I ran my hair turban under hot water and placed it on my head. Next, I sat under the dryer for about 2 minutes but it was too hot, so I just waited and after about 20 minutes I rinsed it out.


I decided to try a cold water rinse at the end for 30 seconds to snap in moisture to my hair and hair cuticles. It felt like a brain freeze in reverse. I stepped out, gently toweled dried and proceeded to comb my hair with a wide-tooth comb using a picking motion. Honestly, not a lot of hair came out which was fantastic. My hair felt very soft and I was really happy with the mixture. to do that as well!

I applied Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine (will review later). I moisturized my hair with this, not piece by piece but I slathered about a quarter-size into my palm, rubbed my hands together and applied throughout the hair. I then parted my hair from the front center to the back center…clipped up the right side (I purchased 3 new clips – same style 1 big, 2 little and they are awesome)…and parted down vertically, then horizontally. I combed each piece from bottom to top with the small comb. I had a total of 8 braids on each side of the head totaling 16. I made each braid the same size and braided down as far as I could. Then I ran water over the ends and curled it with an orange roller. I would actually like some softer rollers because these are hard to sleep in. The whole process took more than an hour. Then I put on my pink satin cap and air dried overnight. Thank goodness no dryer!!!

The next morning was church and it was taking forever to get the braids down. The bottoms of the braids were the hardest to take down and I doubt I will braid down that far in the future. I had to go to the car in my robe with my brush, comb and a towel – dressed of course! By the time we made it to church I was done. I separated each piece of hair and clipped up half my hair, leaving hair down in the back and little tiny piece in the front.


I am more than pleased with the results. And I noticed some beautiful colors, when I took the pictures in the sun. This will be a nice go-to Summer style for me. By the way, I received so many compliments on my hair. Hubby even liked it...and he's can be hard to please.


Blessings and Favor,
Beautiful

No comments: